The Triib Coaches Corner – one of the most powerful performance programming tools available, has been released to all Triib clients! This tutorial will lead you through setting up Coaches Corner so you can begin utilizing the tool immediately for your performance tracking!
Gyms that have been utilizing performance tracking prior to the release of Coaches Corner will need to convert to Coaches Corner. This process is very straight forward, and should only take a minute or two. For those clients, please check out the “Triib – Convert To Coaches Corner” blog post.
There are a few items to define, which will help you understand how performance programming works within Coaches Corner. The items labeled Advanced Tutorial will be outlined in an upcoming Advanced Coaches Corner Tutorial, but they should be fairly self explanatory
- Programming Levels
- Programming Entry
- Benchmarks (Advanced Tutorial)
- Workout Categories (Advanced Tutorial)
- Workout Priorities (Advanced Tutorial)
- Athlete Divisions (Advanced Tutorial)
Workout sections are the core component of your performance programming within Triib. With sections you can create components that:
- Give your coaches information for how the workouts should be run
- Create warmup and general information notices to your athletes
- Create workouts or select from existing workouts, for your athletes to score
- Determine where each bit of programming should show. Your blog posts, on your TV screen displays, or only for your coaches!
The following image shows a typical section setup. This particular section show you how you would setup a section that your athletes will submit a score. The information utilized in a section are:
- Internal Name – The name that will display on the programming page for Coaches Corner. This helps you keep your clear to you when you’re creating your programming.
- Display Name – The name that will be displayed to your athletes. For example, you might have multiple ‘Strength’ sections. For you to keep them straight when you’re programming you’ll have an internal name of Strength 1, but to not confuse your athletes, the display name will simply be Strength.
- Create As Workout – Checking this checkbox will enable the creation of a new or the selection of an existing workout within the programming area of Coaches Corner. Workouts have various components such as a name, a description of the workout, optional categories and priorities, and how the workout will be scored.
- Display on Blog – Checking this checkbox will make this section information available on your workout blog.
- Display on TV WOD Screen – Checking this checkbox will make this section information available on your TV WOD Screens.
- Limit Display To Class Type – Selecting which classes this workout should be displayed for allows you to limit which members can see the workout information.
The following image shows a standard set of programming sections that a gym might utilize, but remember, there are no limits to the way you create your programming!
To create programming you navigate to the Coaches Corner -> Programming menu item. This will open a page that will have the look-and-feel of a spreadsheet.
At the top of the spreadsheet you will see the Date and Day, and then the sections that you created in the previous step.
To begin programming you simply click on one of the days and section columns you wish to add your programming information. Some of the sections you create may be simple text-entry boxes where you will simply type information that you want displayed to your athletes or coaches. The sections that you have created with the ‘Create as Workout’ checkbox checked, however, will give you an option of either creating a new workout, or selecting an existing workout.
If you choose to create a workout, you will be asked to enter your information for the workout. The name of the workout, by default, will be the date plus the section name. For example, “05/20/2016 – Strength”. You can change the name of the workout by simply clicking on the name entry box and changing it. Having named workouts makes it extremely easy for you to reprogram that workout again later simply by selecting the name of the workout (as shown in the second image below.)
Creating a text-only section
Creating a Workout
Selecting Past Workout
Example Week of Programming
This tutorial should have given you the information you need to get your coaches corner setup and running! Jump in and give it a try! We’ve received a lot of very valuable feedback from the gyms currently using Coaches Corner, but we’d love to hear from you on how we can help make your performance programming easier and more powerful!
The Triib Team