How to Set a Member to be paid for by Another Member
There are several benefits to having the ability to allow members to be paid for by other members:
- Saves on transaction fees; any member’s invoice that is “Paid for by another member” will populate and process on the same invoice if the billing dates are the same. This means a husband and a wife will cost the gym a transaction fee of .30 cents each month vs .60 cents.
- Not requiring a credit card to be kept on a child’s account.
**Prior to connecting the accounts it is helpful to set up the paying members account first and confirm the billing of the paying member.
When setting up a plan for the first time:
- From your admin dashboard search the member that will be paid for by another member.
- Once on the members profile you will select +Add New Plan
- You will attach the proper plan type, start date, add any necessary discounts, and then select ** Is this member paid for by another member?
- Next, you will begin typing the member name that will be PAYING FOR the current member's invoice.
- Once you have done this, you will proceed with finalizing the member's plan type as usual.
All invoices will populate on the PAYEE’S account. You also will be able to confirm the plan is being paid for by another member on both user profiles.
The member whose account is being paid by another member will appear like this:
The paying members account will show this information in multiple areas:
TO MODIFY/SET WHO IS PAYING FOR A MEMBERS ACCOUNT:
- From the admin dashboard; go to the member's account who will be paid for by another member.
- Select Modify:
- Next, you will select “Change who is paying for Plan:
Lastly, you will complete the following information requested: Note this will only impact unpaid billing periods!